Saturday, October 23, 2010

cappuccino muffins

I'm finding that I really enjoy cooking and baking, provided that I have the right ingredients. I wish I were near an Aldi or Wal-Mart...or a store that sold basic groceries so that I could participate in e-mealz.com. Adrienne and I just made a food order with Span Alaska and spent about $900. I'm not used to having to buy everything in bulk. When you can't simply run out to Ingles, Wal-Mart, or Bi-Lo, you definitely have to learn how to plan your meals.


Sometimes you have to improvise though when you don't have the right ingredients. Check out this recipe for cappuccino muffins. The recipe calls for instant coffee, but none could be found on our little island in the sea. So, Willis gave us some of his leftover coffee, and we used that in our muffins. They were yummy, but my suspicion is that they would have been yummier if there was a stronger coffee flavor. I think the instant coffee would have been a better choice for the muffins, but we didn't really have a choice. Oh, the difficulty of island living... (Just kidding.)

1 comment :

Suzassippi said...

Some of my best recipe inventions were experimenting! They look great; email me one for breakfast tomorrow. :)