Wednesday, November 19, 2014

iluaqsi | to become well, to be healed


I've been MIA for the past few days, sick as a dog, at home, lying on the couch. I'm pretty sure my substitute teacher who filled in for me doesn't speak English. In other words, what did my students do for two days? That shall remain a mystery, and I'm not sure I want to know.

Once upon a time, being sick was fun. You got to stay home from school, watch cartoons all day, and drink Sprite.  But as an adult, all you want to do is chug the vitamin C and pray for divine healing. 

No, actually, all you want is your blankie, Cheerios, and your mommy.

But thankfully, I was feeling much better today, and I even felt energetic enough to take Quya for an evening walk in some rather blizzardy weather. (Winter weather advisory is in effect until 6 P.M. tomorrow. WILL THERE BE SCHOOL? [cue suspenseful music])

By the way, the sun didn't come up today. It will come back up on January 23rd, according to Master Google.

Current Stats:
Time: 8:45 P.M.
Temperature:  13 degrees F (-11 C)
Wind Speed: East 31 mph
Wind Chill: -8 F (-22 C)
Sunrise: none
Sunset: none

Quyanaqpak, Father, for...
saltine crackers
moments of unflappability
promise of eagle's wings
one month till I meet Liam
hearing "FINALLY! You're BACK!" today
student who created sticker chart to motivate herself to stay drug-free

No comments :