Saturday, January 31, 2015

tuqłuaġaq | to look through a spyglass

Taking pictures, even with a simple camera phone, is like looking through a spyglass. It focuses you on your surroundings, allowing you to look for something to remember.

Like this face. This face is the face that makes me forgive her every single time she eats my chapstick.


Snowy ladder.


The Barrow Whalers' colors are blue and gold, which also happen to be the colors of the sky and streetlights in January.


Sure, I would have much rather him to have remembered the word "eschew," but at least he was creative in his response.


I was pretty lucky to have gone to the state's RTI conference in Anchorage. I learned so much!


Anchorage.




Anchorage from the air.







On the Left: Brooks Range
On the Right: Barrow

No comments :