Tuesday, August 12, 2014

back in Barrow


One of the frustrating things about getting to Barrow is the fact that what should take two hours to get there usually ends up taking five. The primary reason for this is that a flight from Anchorage to Barrow makes two stops: one in Fairbanks and one in Prudhoe Bay (a.k.a. Deadhorse). People get on and off, just like it was a bus. Unfortunately, this makes traveling long and exhausting, especially with a dog in tow.


But at least when I arrived in Barrow yesterday, it was sunny! Something to be thankful for.

2 comments :

Suzassippi said...

Glad you are safely "home" to where you stay for now. Loved the Santa Fe posts!

Nicole Newton said...

I know this is an oldish post, but I just stumbled on your blog today. My husband is looking at a possible teaching position in Barrow. I was wondering what the flight from Anchorage is like for your dog? I'm assuming he/she is in cargo? We have two dogs and I am super paranoid about flying them to Alaska. My old girl is 11 and I don't want anything to happen to her.