Saturday, June 28, 2014

you have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound

I love St. John's College. Wanna know why? Well, this is how I put it.... Ten people gather around a table to discuss the greatest books in the western world. Each of our minds are weak and fragmented, but when we meet at the table, we create what I like to call a Mega Brain. You can't get Mega Brain when you're just listening to a lecturing professor who drones on. You can't get Mega Brain when you are having a discussion with just one other person. No, there is something about the union of ten minds extracting insights from each other... That precious ten, somehow creating a Mega Brain, which even itself lacks so much.


The Iliad in TWO weeks. Exhausting.


I want this bumper sticker.




The view from the library. Too beautiful.


Santa Fe is an incredibly dog-friendly city. Quya goes to doggy day care twice a week. Yes, I am one of those dog owners. Oh, well.


Koi pond on campus!


St. John's may sound pretentious, but then you see this at the bookstore. Love it.


At the park.


On the balcony.


And then this happened. My beautiful nephew Liam entered the world a couple of days ago. I'm sending virtual kisses his way.

No comments :