Saturday, January 4, 2014

Time Travel, Angels, and Explosive Puppy Diarrhea

Today I fly back to Barrow, God-willing, of course. I hear the weather is an iffy thing in various parts of the U.S., but so far everything is a go for my route.

Speaking of my route... Check it out.

Atlanta to Seattle
Seattle to Anchorage
[long middle-of-the-night layover with a not entirely potty-trained puppy]
Anchorage to Fairbanks
Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay
Prudhoe Bay to Barrow

It's roughly 24 hours of travel. And honestly, it feels more like time travel, and let me tell you -- time travel is nothing to sneeze at. It's quite exhausting.

Granted, I am only time traveling back four hours, but still. Transitioning from east coast time to Alaska time wears a girl out.

So, here it goes.

Honestly, all I want is for Quya to not have explosive diarrhea at the Anchorage airport like she did two weeks ago.

** This post is dedicated to the stranger (angel?) who saw my distress at the airport and cleaned up Quya's disgusting mess by baggage claim #3. Thank you.

2 comments :

Suzassippi said...

Those Alaska legs of travel are indeed pretty rough! Here's hoping you and Quya both manage it without incident, or at least encounter helpful strangers. :) Happy New Year

Sandy said...

That stranger truly had to be an angel!