Sunday, September 29, 2013

Early September. (I know, it's a clever title.)

September seems to be a time of drastic change for us on the Slope. A few weeks ago, things looked like this:



This is my apartment building in case you were wondering. 


 Beautiful sunny morning as I walked to school...


Every dumpster has something written on it. Maybe one day I'll go around town and snap a shot of each dumpster and create a collection.

For some reason, I really like this building. It looks like it might topple over.


Hey, guys, don't drive into the ocean, okay?


Jellyfish on the beach.


When it's sunny, I go walking on the beach. I was letting Quya off the leash to see if she would stick close to me, but um... yeah, she doesn't. So, she's going to stay on the leash from now on. 


So, most dogs in Barrow, as well as the villages, are chained up to fences, porches, or boats. Needless to say, they are grumpy and often aggressive. Every now and then, I find a chained-up dog who has retained its sweetness.


Unfortunately, our only Mexican restaurant burned down in early September. Not to be mean or anything, but it's not that big of a loss. Too expensive and poor quality of food...in my humble opinion, of course.

Doesn't she look like she's meditating? 

Quya loves walking on the beach, but lately there have been bear sightings... so we have been sticking close to home.

Okay, so that was early September....

Late September looks more like WINTER.

More on that next time.

I'll try to be better about posting. 

No comments :