Saturday, May 4, 2013

Church.


This is the church I've been attending for about a year now. Sometimes I skip church for a week...or four.

It's not a perfect church, which is great for me, since I'm the worst when it comes to perfection. See if you can find me in the picture... à la "Where's Waldo?" Instead of being told "Say cheese," we were told, "Don't look religious!" My church is of the camp that differentiates between religion and relationship -- the camp that condemns religion and blesses relationship.

A lot of people criticize that distinction. I really don't care. It's a matter of semantics. We're all saying the same thing. The point is: have a real faith. Call it religion. Call it relationship. Two sides of the same coin.

Okay, now the church can move on to more pressing matters.

Current Stats:
Sunrise: 4:08 a.m.
Sunset: 12:39 a.m.
Temperature: 9 F
Wind Speed: 9 mph SE
Wind Chill: -4 F
Days Till Summer Break: 13
Quyanapak, Father, for...
sleeping in
one paper left

3 comments :

Suzassippi said...

Green shirt, almost center of photo, could be third row or fourth row from bottom, depending on how we are counting rows.

I for one am all for relationship, since it is "the thing without which we do not know we exist", but also, because it is infinitely more satisfying and rewarding.

Enjoy your break, I know I will mine!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
allcedars said...

Susan, actually, I'm in the grey shirt in the middle. So, behind the girl to the left of the green shirt girl. :)