Tuesday, January 1, 2013

what I want 2013 to look like

For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
[T.S. Eliot]


My friend Courtney and I went to the Hunter Museum of American Art a couple of days ago. Then we headed to Sweet Basil for some Thai. Interestingly, for all the Barrow cab drivers being Thai, we don't have any Thai restaurants in Barrow.

Reclining Dress Impression with Drapery by Karen LaMonte
I think this is my favorite work at the Hunter Museum of American Art. It was made in 2006 of cast glass. I don't know much about art. I only know what I like, and I like this.

When I look at this work of art, I think of these words:

new
pure
restful
simple
unified
beautiful

For some reason, I think this dress is a symbol of what I want my 2013 year to look like.

What do you want your 2013 to look like?

No comments :